More Photography, Less Camwhoring…PLEASE!
In today’s world, owning a digital camera is just like owning a handphone. That’s because the price of digital cameras are so affordable that any Tom, Dick and Harry can be a photojournalist wannabe.
I appreciate great works of art and I’m into photography lately. I’m indeed overjoyed that there’s plenty of other out there that shares the same passion as I am. People says that picture speaks a thousand words and I agree with it. Photography is a form of art. I personally take photography to appreciate forms and lights. I’m sure many others out there are like me as well.
As much as I enjoy photography, there’s a dark side to it and recently many people are caught up in it. Yes… CAM WHORING! If you’re shooting a model, that’s fine. If you’re shooting yourself as the model… please keep it to yourself. Don’t you guys/girls get it? We don’t want to see 50 self-portraits of you in a single photo gallery.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU’RE A CAMWHORE?
- Whenever you’re free, you’ll shoot photo of yourself with your camera phone.
- You’ll grab anyone just to have an excuse to take photos with, but you focus the cam more to yourself.
- Whenever you’re infront of your computer, you’ll capture your own photo with the webcam.
- You’ll take 20-30 tries with the webcam before you can be satisfied with one nice photo of yourself. You’ll still keep the rest of the not-so-nice photos.
- You own a DSLR and yet you still manage to capture yourself with your DSLR. WOW!
- You find a need to get a tripod for your DSLR. So that you can set up your own self-portrait photo shoot.
- You’ll get your whole group of friends to be involved in your own photo shoot.
- Check your computer/CDs/phone now, if 80% photos in there are of yourself…
YOU’RE A BLARDY CAMWHORE!