Samsung Malaysia Electronics today announces the launch of Galaxy Note 3, the third generation of its highly successful Galaxy Note series and its wearable gadget Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Today’s launch highlights the innovative features of both devices that help consumers design their life in easy and joyful ways and also to provide hands-on experience of their new devices to the media.
GALAXY NOTE 3 – NOTEWORTHY PERSONAL COMPANION
Samsung GALAXY Note 3 comes with a wider (5.7inch) full HD Super AMOLED display, yet slimmer (8.3mm) and lighter (168g) hardware design, and more powerful and longer lasting (3,200mAh) battery. Also, equipped with a 13 megapixel rear camera with Smart Stabilization and LED flash, Samsung GALAXY Note 3 enables users to crisply capture every visual story in their lives, even in low light and active situations. Samsung GALAXY Note 3 offers the latest LTE technologies – CAT4 Carrier Aggregation and supports the greatest number of multiple frequencies. Incorporating the industry’s largest* 3GB RAM; the GALAXY Note 3 also provides faster and more powerful performance.
The event also highlights its revolutionary S Pen – the advanced S Pen is designed to be fully functional as a communication driver between the phone and the user by creating essential input and control features.
A simple click of the S Pen button while hovering over the screen introduces users to Air Command, a palette of five powerful features that truly make tasks easier and faster. With the Air Command feature, there is no need to toggle between screens, memorize commands or look up different menus. The Air Command feature provides access to the following key functions:
- Action Memo allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that hand written information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more
- Scrapbook enables users to organize or track down content and information from various sources including the web, YouTube and Gallery in one place so that users can easily look back at collected content all at once. When consumers save content for future use, Scrapbook also collects source material or URLs allowing them to easily refer back to the original source.
- The Screen Write feature captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or additional information onto the captured image.
- S Finder allows users to expansively search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location, and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page – all in one place. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
- Pen Window allows users to use the S Pen not only for drawing sketches or writing notes, but now also for opening a small application window for a true multitasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
To get that premium look, Samsung GALAXY Note 3 adds a soft and textured-touch back cover, delicate stitching and endures strengths of classic notebooks and planners. Samsung GALAXY Note 3 will be available in Jet Black and Classic White. For personalization, there is a selection of specially designed colourful and premium cases for the Galaxy Note 3 too.
SAMSUNG KNOX & FIND MY MOBILE – ENHANCED SECURITY FOR GALAXY NOTE 3
The new GALAXY Note 3 also comes with enhanced privacy and security protection provided by Samsung KNOX. Users can activate Samsung KNOX with ease which allows them to run and store security-sensitive applications and data inside a protected execution environment called “container.” The security inside the container is strengthened by system-level protection of Samsung KNOX against malware and phishing attacks as well as hacking attempts on physical devices when devices are stolen or lost. Furthermore, the GALAXY Note 3 is equipped with an improved Find My Mobile feature that allows users to disable the phone when it is stolen or lost.
GALAXY GEAR – FIRST STEP INTO WEARABLE TECH
GALAXY Gear is a new concept device that allows users to live life in the moment while staying connected. Marketed to be the perfect companion to GALAXY Note 3, GALAXY Gear provides users smart freedom to choose how, why, when and where they are connected. GALAXY Gear will notify users and give them quick previews of incoming texts, emails and more coming from GALAXY Note 3.
GALAXY Note 3 is available in 32GB internal storage along with an additional microSD card slot, while GALAXY Gear is available in 4GB internal storage. Both models are set to retail starting September 25.
The Samsung GALAXY Note 3 and GALAXY Gear will be available at all Samsung retail outlets, authorised dealers and telco partners including Celcom, Digi, Maxis, and U Mobile.