My Recipe for Home-Style Chinese Fried Rice with Wing Heongâ€™s Honey Bacon â€˜Bakkwaâ€™ [Video]
I do cook at home whenever possible and I enjoyed my time in the kitchen. I donâ€™t regard myself as a great cook but I do know how to cook up some simple but extremely yummy dishes for my family. Chinese fried rice is one of my favourite dishes but I like to make my own recipe for it. This particular recipe Iâ€™m going to share today is my very own creation and I called it â€˜Home-style Chinese Fried Rice with ‘Bakkwaâ€™. Itâ€™s a simple yet delicious meal to cook and my family loves it a lot.
Unlike any other Chinese fried rice recipes, I use â€˜bakkwaâ€™ instead of â€˜lap cheongâ€™. Iâ€™m using Wing Heongâ€™s Honey Bacon â€˜bakkwaâ€™ because itâ€™s my favourite and perhaps the best â€˜Bakkwaâ€™ Iâ€™ve ever tasted so far. I prefer to use the â€˜bakkwaâ€™ because I donâ€™t like the rancid taste and smell of â€˜lap cheongâ€™ so I use Honey Bacon â€˜bakkwaâ€™ – you can also use the traditional pork, beef or even chicken â€˜bakkwaâ€™. But seriously, try Wing Heongâ€™s.
My Home-style Chinese Fried Rice with Honey Bacon â€˜Bakkwaâ€™ is very simple to prepare. These are the things and ingredients needed:
- Rice â€“ enough for 2-3 person
- Mix vege â€“ carrots, corns, peas, cauliflower and even pepperÂ (all diced)
- Egg â€“ beaten
- Soya sauce, Oyster sauce, salt and pepper â€“ add them to taste
- Fresh prawns, slice chicken or beef â€“ your choice
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic â€“ chopped finely
- Honey Bacon â€˜Bakkwaâ€™ â€“ diced to bits
You can watch the video below for the cooking steps but itâ€™s pretty simple if you follow these steps:
- Heat up cooking oil in wok.
- Add in chopped garlic and give it a quick stir. Then add the rest of the mix vege and continue stirring it. If youâ€™re using fresh prawns, add it after the mix vege or else youâ€™ll over cook it.
- Now fry the eggs and keep stirring so you can clumps of fried eggs instead of an omelet.
- Add in the rice and continue stirring until everything is nicely cooked together.
- Add soya sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Continue stirring everything gently to infuse the flavours.
- Once the fried rice is done, add in the honey bacon bits and give it a good stir.
- And finally, serve it while itâ€™s hot with any condiments of your choice.
This is a very simple recipe and you can cook it easily for lunch and for dinner. I usually prepare for 3-4 people so you will need to estimate your ingredients to your preference. If itâ€™s your first time cooking and trying out my recipe, youâ€™ll probably need a try it a few times before you can get the hang of it. But if youâ€™re a seasoned cook, you will find using â€˜bakkwaâ€™ gives more fragrant to your dishes. Hope you find this recipe helpful and enjoy cooking it as much as I do.
Tagged Bakkwa, Chinese Food, Chinese Fried Rice, Recipes, Wing Heong